Featured Not resolved
1.3

Purchased the EWheels M34 scooter a few weeks ago from Spinlife. My husband had been a returning customer and we've gotten GoGo travel scooters in the past. The M34 was new and had decent reviews, plus a few hundred less than what we normally spend on the GoGo.

What arrives is this dented in box. I told my husband that I could actually reach into the bashedd-in side and feel the scooter inside.

In hindsight, we should have seen this and declined the delivery on the spot.

However, my husband was desperate. He'd been without wheels for a while and without his mobility scooter he's completely housebound unless I take him out in his wheelchair. Unfortunately, I work full time and can't take him out on a regular basis. So, he's stuck.

Anyway, we opened the package and it was filled with packing peanuts. The scooter is partially bagged, mostly open with only a few pieces of styrofoam for stabilization. The battery case is already dented, the footpads are already peeling off. It's not exactly what we had expected. My husband decides that so long as it's only cosmetic, and the scooter works, he'll deal with it.

He gets on it, and the scooter tips over on him. He takes it out and all of the wheels don't touch the ground at the same time. It's a tip risk. He can't take it out on sidewalks, down hills, off road or anything. And the seat sits so far back, he can't use a seatbelt and still drive it.

We contacted both EWheels and Spinlife and warned them that this was a hazardous device. It could seriously injure someone with balance issues. My husband won't even get back on it because he had to wedge his foot underneath the thing in order to avoid a nasty spill.

Spinlife says that they'll take it back, but he has to pay 400 bucks to return it. The cost of the scooter? 800. My husband asked to be contacted by a manager to sort out the situation because 400 bucks seems unreasonable under the circumstances. No contact from Spinlife OR EWheels.

We've been returning customers for years, but this really isn't the way to treat disabled customers who rely on mobility devices. I doubt we'll get anything from them again.

Photos are from the damaged box we received. I could reach right in and feel the scooter. Ridiculous. Again, I wish we'd have declined the delivery right then and there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ewheels M34 Mobility Scooter.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Gogo scooters.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 25.

Comments