After a long conversation with a saleswoman, where I supplied my chair information, I ordered a Pride Outlander outside power vehicle lift. I asked the saleswoman if I could use the available power chair lockdown arm to secure my chair?

She said Yes and added the $150.00 part to the order. When it arrived, I had the mechanic I use install it. He complained about the parts not fitting when he put it together. Also there was no way the lockdown arm was going to secure my chair.

A call to customer service and I was told the lockdown arm was designed for scooters, not power wheel chairs. This was why I bought this lift, thinking it would easy for my wife to load and unload my chair for me. No, I was told by customer service to go to Wal-Mart and buy some ratchet straps to secure my chair but, he gave me my $150 back. My 350 pound chair bounces like this lift is going to snap off my truck at any time.

It takes two strong men to put on and take this lift from my truck. I tried selling this lift for less than 1/4 what I paid and not one response.

I am going to donate this to anyone who will take it and give me a tax receipt. This thing is expensive trash.

Review about: Spinlife Tail Lift.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States #1338208

I had the same trouble but after lowering the support arm it holds my chair just fine. I have an Outlander LP lift and Pride Zazzy chair.