2.0

My husband and I purchased 2 lift chairs from Spinlife, manufactured by Golden Technologies.Ten months after delivery my chair started making some noise going up and down and feeling like the mechanism was loose as it went up and down, the seat was wobbly.

I also noticed the fabric was bunching up at one corner of the footrest when it closed, I called Spinlife and they sent a tech who called the company and told them the scissor mechanism was loose and the seat was defective. Golden T and Spinlife sent a seat replacement to our house and the tech came and replaced it in our home. This issue was resolved to our satisfaction although it created a mess for a while in our small living room. Ten weeks later my husband's chair started doing the same thing mine had done, fabric bunching, loose and noisy scissor mechanism and the chair seat tilted toward one side when closed.

Spinlife told me we had to send it back to the factory to be fixed since the warranty was up (one year) and it would cost $179 to have someone come and box it up for us and get it ready for shipping. We paid the $179 to have it shipped back and fixed. I told them these chairs must have been defective from the beginning and hardly made the one year warranty. A few days later the Spinlife customer service rep emailed us to let us know Golden Technologies inspected the chair and found nothing wrong with it but would change the seat for us for $370.

I wrote to Spinlife asking they work with GT and represent us as their clients and take care of this without any further expense. We are retired on a fixed income and when you purchase a chair like this you expect it to last at least 5-8 years and that since my chair and my husband's had the same problem it was clear they were defective from the beginning but unfortunately they didn't do anything for us and were rather short in their dealing with us. I will not buy anything from Spinlife or Golden Technologies in the future, these are terrible companies.

I worked in the retail industry for 36 years and I know what sets a company apart from any other is in the way they resolve a customer's problem which creates loyalty and trust and repeat business.I definitely will not recommend Spinlife to anyone and I will share my experience with my friends and family so they don't make the same mistake I did and use Spinlife and GT.

Review about: Golden Technologies Chair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Have GT replace the seat and ship it back without further expense to us. .

I liked: Diversity of products.

I didn't like: Lack of a real customer service department and staff.

Had an Experience with Spinlife?

Comments